All Information is subject to change without notice.
About Travel & Accommodation
- Which airport is the nearest from Lake Biwa?
- Kansai is the nearest international airport to access to Lake Biwa.
Narita or Haneda International Airports are another choice, yet it may require an extra day to travel to Otsu, depending on the arrival time of your flight. We strongly recommend coming from Kansai Airport.
Where is Lake Biwa located and how can I get there?
- Lake Biwa is the largest lake in Japan located in Otsu city which lies next to Kyoto. It takes 2 hours from Kansai Airport to Kyoto by JR West Airport Express Haruka. From Kyoto to Otsu, it is just 10 minutes travel by local train.
Where is the athletes' lounge?
- The lounge sets up at Biwako Hotel. The Hotel is located 10minutes from JR Otsu Station on foot.
- Can I participate in the 2017 Lake Biwa Mainichi Marathon?
- In order to participate in the 2017 Lake Biwa Mainichi Marathon, you must meet one of the following qualifying time standards recorded from 1 December 2014 until the date of entry.
Marathon -- 2 hours 30 minutes or faster Half marathon -- 1 hours 10 minutes or faster 30km -- 1 hours 40 minutes or faster 20km -- 1 hours 05 minutes or faster 10,000m -- 31 minutes or faster
How can I register for the race?
- 1. Non-JAAF-registered athletes:
As the registration procedure for non-JAAF-registered athletes differs from the standard applications, please give us first contact by 31 December 2016 with your profile and the qualifying time standards recorded on 1 December 2013 or after.
2. JAAF-registered athletes:
Print out the entry form (PDF format) from the official homepage. With the approval of your affiliated federation, submit it to the following address by 6 February 2017.
Lake Biwa Mainichi Marathon Office
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax - +81-6-6346-8372
(Please be sure to include the words "Lake Biwa Marathon 2017" in the subject line of your e-mail.)